Paid Search Advertising with Google Ads
Display your business at the top of search results with Google Ads.
It’s become very common in our lives to type various types of items we want to buy or information we’re wondering about on Google. We want answers to our questions and solve that particular pain point in our lives.
Thus, it also makes sense to integrate Google into your working life to ensure your business is seen by people searching for items online.
Google Ads is a way you can show people searching for answers that your company has the answers and solutions. It’s your chance to show how you can ease their pain point.
On Google, you’ll see two different types of search results pop up every time you search for an item or search for an answer. You’ll see organic results, which are pages ranked high on the search engine, partly because of the high-quality content they’ve produced, also referred to as SEO optimised.
You’ll also see the paid results at the top of the search results. To be shown there, you have to use Google Ads, previously called Google AdWords.
Paid advertising allows businesses to advertise on Google within the sponsored listings of the search engine. What that means is, you can pay to get on the first page Google search results. It is Googles pay-per-click advertising solution, and it allows website owners to bid for a chance to advertise on Google when people search for a related product or service.
What is pay-per-click advertising?
Pay-per-click (PPC) is essentially buying visits to your site, rather than earning them organically through SEO. Each time a user clicks on your ad, you pay Google a small fee. If you end up converting a customer, you can make a huge profit from PPC. For example, if you pay £3 per click, but someone purchases a product for £300 you’ve made a profit of £297 for that particular click. Naturally, not everyone who clicks your ad will become a customer, so you need to keep an eye on your budget so you remain profitable.
What are the benefits of Paid Search Advertising with Google Ads?
Using Paid advertising with Google Ads comes with a long list of benefits. We’ve highlighted three we think will pique your interest.
- Reach your customers at the right time – Google Ads gives your business visibility on Google. The moment a customer searches services or products related to your business, your website will appear. In turn, you are driving traffic to your site. It’s the easiest way to get your website onto page one of the search engine results.
- It’s easy to get started – We provide a step-by-step tool that helps you get started within minutes. All you need to do is answer a few questions, pick your package, and your ads will be online! The beauty of this is, you no longer need to know the technical terms before you get results.
- Improved results – Our Google Ads marketing service automatically learns from campaign performance. It optimises bids to save money and gives you better results over time. The way it does this is by adjusting your bids and weights across your keywords. Think of one.com Google Ads as a hassle-free way to optimise paid advertising.
What are Google Ads features?
- Above-the-fold ad placement – By using this, you give your website a better chance at clicks. This is because your advertisement will be placed in a higher position on the search engine results page.
- Image Ad Creator – Here you can create rich media ads. All you need to do is type in a headline, description and a call to action and it’ll give you several different choices which you can use.
- +Broad +Match+Modifer – This allows you to add a “+” sign to your keywords that must be present when a searcher types in a query. That way, you don’t show up for irrelevant searches.
- AdWords Scripts – You can use this for reporting, account alerts, tracking accounts, campaigns, and your ad group quality score.
- Auction Insights – Here you can check out, who is bidding on your keyword and if they are doing better or worse than you.
- Search Terms Report – This allows you to see what people actually type into the search engine for your advertisement to appear.
- Keyword Diagnosis – This is a health check on your keywords. It’s a tool that will tell you if your keywords are showing, and why not, if they aren’t.
- The Home Tab – Here you can find exciting insights like Alerts, Keywords below the first-page bid, low traffic keywords, disabled keywords and campaigns, and suggestions for increasing your traffic.
- Time Lag Reporting – This tells you exactly how long it takes your average visitor to convert on your site. If it’s taking them too long, you should consider re-marketing.
How does Google Ads work?
Google Ads works like an auction. Every time a user performs a search in Google, an automated bidding auction kicks off. To ‘win’ the auction you need to optimise your quality score and the bid amount. Quality score is a combined score based on the quality of your ad, targeted keywords, and the landing page that the user ends up on when they click your ad. The higher the quality score, as well as, your bid amount, will decide where your advertisement is placed within the search engine.
Google Ads have a bidding system. The bidding system is in place because you’re probably not the only business selling, for example, vegan cookies. Google has set a bidding system to make it fair for everyone in the online world. Meaning, if you say that you’ll pay 1 pound every time someone clicks on your ad, your competitor can say that they’ll pay 1,10 pounds every time someone clicks on their ad. The more people involved in this bidding war, the higher the bidding can go.
Tip: If someone bids 3 pounds against your 1 pound, they’ll only have to pay 1,10 if they win the bidding war. Keep that in mind next time you’re bidding against someone.
At one.com, the Google Ads service helps you create google ads and manage them, to ensure you are maximising your return on investment. All of our one.com, customers with an email or hosting subscription can sign up to Google Ads via their Control Panel.
New users also qualify for a ‘two-for-one’ offer on the most popular plan. Meaning their monthly subscription will run for 60 days, for the price of 30.
Why use Google Ads?
You should use Google Ads in a way that makes sense to you. So, if you pay 1 pound every time someone clicks on your ad, and you make 2 pounds minimum on every purchase, it makes sense to use Google Ads.
This is one of the reasons that Google Ads work and is very popular. If you spend 10 pounds to get ten people to visit your website and every person purchases a minimum of 2 pounds – you’ve made a profit.
Do keep in mind to optimise your website and landing page. You want to ensure that the person who is clicking on your ad ends up on a beautifully created page and has a great user experience. You don’t want the person to exit your website without making a purchase.
There are numerous reasons for why you should advertise on Google. Simply put, when you advertise on Google, you increase leads and customers. It allows you to target your specific market. This means you can refine your searches, so only people looking for your product or services will see your advertisement. Are you still not convinced? Here are some other reasons you should advertise your business on Google:
- High Return on Investment – You will only pay for the Google Ads that people click. If you optimise your Ad campaigns, you’ll get a high ROI. It’s a very transparent platform, with all the information readily available. That way, you can find which areas of your campaign give the highest ROI and focus your budget on there.
- Flexible platform – Google ads platform is used for all kinds and sizes of organisations. It’s compatible with many marketing platforms, and you can turn your google ads on and off. Plus, you can customise campaigns to focus on a specific user, be it location or type of device.
- Increase website traffic – Due to Google’s massive customer base, it can direct huge amounts of traffic to your site. The people who view your ads are more likely to purchase your product or service, opt into your email listing, and request more information.
- Understand your market – You’ll get more insight on how to reach more customers. To be successful, you need to understand your market. It makes it easier to deal with customers when you know what they want. Google Ads will provide customer insights such as habits, keywords, locations, devices, and the time and days they search.
Besides working with specific keywords, you can also target your demographic based on gender, age, using a smartphone or a desktop, etc. You can get very analytical with Google ads and choose to target people who you believe would benefit from your products and services.
- Split test your copy – You can test out two different ad copies to see which one performs better and makes people click on your ad. Google ads offer this feature to test out different messages. Of course, Google wants your ad to convert, and that’s why it’s very good to make sure to test out different messages.
This is also called your click-through rate. The lower your click-through rate, the less Google Ads will charge you per click.
How to start using Google Ads?
As a customer of one.com, you can get started with Google Ads by clicking “Go to Google Ads” in your control panel! Our step-by-step tool gets you started in minutes. You just need to answer a few questions, pick your package and your ads will be online.
Get started using Paid Advertising with Google Ads. It allows not only for your business to advertise to millions of people and increase website traffic, but it comes at a low cost as well. Plus, Google Ads offers flexibility by allowing you to stop, start and adjust your bids at any time. We recommend combining Google Ads with a Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) tool. We have partnered with marketgoo, an easy-to-use SEO tool to help increase your search engine rankings and increase traffic organically.