What is Backup & Restore?
Get peace of mind with Backup & Restore automatic website backup.
Backup & Restore is an automatic website backup software for your websites, emails and databases. Give yourself peace of mind knowing that your website, data, and email can easily be restored if needed.
What are the benefits of Backup & Restore?
Aside from not worrying about losing your website and data, Backup & Restore has many other benefits:
- Automatic daily website backup, data backup, and email backup.
- Restore from your 500 most recent versions of your Website Builder site.
- You can backup both WordPress & Website Builder sites.
- User-friendly interface.
- You won’t need to worry about security. Backups are stored in an encrypted location (by SSH/SFTP).
How does Backup & Restore work?
With Backup & Restore you will get backups of your database, backup email and a website backup of up to 2 weeks. You can restore a backup or download it to your computer.
How do I restore a database?
You can restore files from a backup of a database from the available running backups under ‘database’. Otherwise, you can choose one of your previous saved backups from ‘my backups’.
- Go to the one.com Control Panel and open Backup & Restore.
- Select ‘database’.
- Look at your drop-down menu and pick which database you want to restore.
- Pick the date you want to restore a backup from.
- Select ‘restore backup to live database’. Select ok.
- Confirm by clicking ‘restore database’.
- You’ll need to enter your Control Panel password and restore your database.
- You’ll be notified by email when your restore is complete.
How do I restore a backup email?
You can restore files from a backup of an email from the available running backups under ’email’. Otherwise, you can choose one of your previous saved backups from ‘my backups’.
- Go to the one.com Control Panel and open Backup & Restore. Select Email.
- Look at your drop-down menu and pick which email address you want to restore.
- Pick the date you want to restore a backup from.
- Select ‘restore backup to a new mail account’. Select ok.
- Enter the new email address and password. Click Save.
- You will be notified by email when this is done.
How do I restore a Website Builder project?
Restoring a backup of your Website Builder project is simple. You’ll need to use the built-in backup function in the Website Builder. We’ll take you through the steps:
- Open Website Builder from your Control Panel.
- Select ‘backups’ in the top right corner.
- Pick a date to view the saved versions from that day.
- Select the time you want to preview the backup from.
- Once you have found the version you’re looking for, click ‘Restore Backup’.
- Your project in Website Builder is now restored. Publish your site to make it visible online.
You’ll be happy to know we keep up to 200 versions of your Website Builder projects.
How often should I back up a website?
It depends on how often you make changes to your website. For some people, this could be weekly, and for others, it could be monthly or daily. We recommend doing a website backup for every version of your website. You should also take into consideration how active your email is. As Backup & Restore also includes a backup email, if you have a lot of important communications via mail, you should do it daily.
Can I manually back up my website files?
Yes. From our Control Panel, you have full access to your files and created databases which you can make manual copies of. You can do this through My Admin and File Manager. It’s important to note that this takes time. Plus, you will need some technical knowledge. Websites require a complex series of interactions of system files which have to be configured to read the database and media files. If you’re manually backing up individual files, you will often need to reconfigure them upon restoring.
Why use Backup & Restore?
It is extremely important to have you’re a website backup and to do it regularly. We recommend using Backup & Restore, so you always have a copy of your web space, email, databases and the most recent 500 versions of your website. Here are some other reasons you should use this tool:
- Backing up is effortless — A website backup is generated every day, and they’re automatic.
- Your Backups are secure — If you deice to do a website backup on a hard drive, you risk data corruption and hardware failure. Backup & Restore has an encrypted system to keep your files ready for whenever you need to restore them. We also recommend doing regular scans of your website to protect it from cyber threats. We’ve partnered with Sitelock a malware removal and protection software. It scans your site daily for malware and alerts you before any viruses damage your website.
- Your website backup is always available — If you use a hard drive to backup your website, then you will always need to have access to that disk. With Backup & Restore all you need is an internet connection and access to your one.com Control Panel.
How to install Backup & Restore?
Backup & Restore is included if you have Website Builder Premium or one of our more extensive plans. Otherwise, you can activate it from the one.com Control Panel.
- Login to your Control Panel.
- Select Backup & Restore on the Files & Security tile.
- Choose how you would like to pay.
- Click Approve. You will be charged for the remaining months of your current subscription period.
Should anything go wrong, it’s always good to have a contingency plan. You don’t want any chance of your hard work going to waste, get started and backup your website today.